« Back from Laughlin | Main | The Blogosphere Never Sleeps »

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Comments

Billy The Blogging Poet

I know what you mean. Having spent 28 years as a long haul trucker, I so often watched erronious news reports concerning trucks. My favorite: "The wreck was caused by load shifting which caused the trailer to roll over."

Yeah, the load shifted alright, as the overspeeded trailer rolled the load shifted right off onto the road. Load shift was after the fact in 99% of all trailer rollovers, and driver error in the other 1%

I've got a thousand more like reporters who don't know the difference between a highway median and the shoulder of the road.

To fact check our local news would take a whole 'nother show every day

The comments to this entry are closed.